Monday, March 21, 2011

Shadow Dancing

It is nice to be missed.
It is comforting to receive personal notes,
messages from women who have visited this blog
and noticed I've been missing.
I sigh
and smile
and even tear up a little
when I hear from you.
Thank you.
Yep. I've been gone.

And I'm not back quite yet.
(But I will be...I will)

Without a lot of detail,
without a lot of drama
or hoopla,
I will let you in.

I am still dancing.
Slowly
Quietly

Alone.

I am still taking care of myself,
but my life is a bit sideways right now.
It is hard
and shifting (a lot).

This is not a time for high heels and red lipstick.
It is not a time for Rockstar Jeans and Jamming Tunes.
Not a time for posting inspiration or motivation.
Not a time for offering strength to others,
when I am in such need of it myself.

It is a time for
flats
or slippers
and maybe even just socks
and maybe even bare feet.

It is a time for me to focus on being a mother.
Putting my children first, without putting myself last.

I am walking more than I am dancing.
I am moving through my day
at a different pace
in a different direction than I've ever known before.

Sometimes I am sitting and just trying to listen.
At times, I am simply standing, and hoping to hear something.
Other times I am leaning against whatever I can find to hold me up.

My life
is changing.

YOU, get out and dance for me.
Dance and become.
Be free and change.
Discover who you want to be, and embrace it.

And let me hear from you.
Tell me your stories.
Inspire and motivate...me!

I'll catch up with you soon.
Very soon.

That's all.
Be Your Best!
Becky

5 comments:

  1. As long as you're moving with the change and not standing still, you're right where God wants you! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back!! You've been missed. Praying for God's best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you, Becky. Miss you & am thinking about you everyday.
    Lisa K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky,  Consider this me giving you motivation in silence, from afar (Washington State) and in spirit.  If we don't help the person most important (i.e. ourself), we can't help others.  I will keep moving forward to dance knowing that you are there in spirit, in support, in whatever level you can give.  Along with me and so many other "dancers", the footsteps you see in the sand will always be there to dance with you at whatever pace you need.  

    Hugs.       

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky,
    It is great to see a post from you. I'll keep you in my prayers. You are going to come through this even better in the end. Hug those babies and remember that you are loved. You DO make a difference.
    HUGS!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete