Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Giving My Secrets Away

Getting started is always the hardest past of any endeavor, whether it be starting a blog, losing weight or acquiring a new skill. The first moments, days and lessons are often accompanied by an odd combination of excitement and fear. Worry and hope. Want and dread.

The questioning starts almost immediately:
Is this really my answer?
Can I do this?
What if it doesn't work?
Am I ready for this?
Will it even matter?
Will it be too much work?


I am asking these questions about this blog.
You may be asking these questions about yourself.
I don't know the ultimate outcome for your life,
but in terms of mine,
this is part of my journey:
Letting everyone in on my experiences
My shame
My secrets
My failures
My desires
My needs
and my flaws, is another step
toward my wholeness.
I want to embrace the vulnerability this blog requires
I know who I want to be
as a woman...
and this blog is a means of stretching myself
and putting it all "out there"
for you.
And you are totally worth it

You are here
reading this
exploring the possibilities
trusting my voice
to tell you the truth
to show you to a better way
to give you help
and assist you in your efforts
I've got your back
I'll do my best
I'll be my best, for you
because you matter
who you are as a woman, matters
your heart matters

I am ready for this chapter.
Are you?
If you're not sure, that's fine.
If you are, then we'll work this out together.
If you're already on your way,
then read along and jump in when we get to the parts you've been waiting for.

In any case,
I ask you mostly
to be honest
Honest with yourself
Open to receive
Committed to considering
and
Willing to give it all a try

I don't want anyone to feel duped here, so I am going to be upfront about my core belief about my 100lb weight-loss journey. Here is it:

My journey,
Meaning the SUCCESS of my Journey,
HAD VERY LITTLE TO DO WITH THE WEIGHT I LOST
My Journey was about finding myself
Again.
Being Me
Being Free
Being Whole
Again
and in some ways (many ways)
being me, free and whole, in ways I have never been before.

So.
If you are here simply to find out how to drop a few pounds,
I can help you with that.
If you are here to take a look at yourself and who you want to be
and how you want to live your life....
I CAN REALLY HELP YOU WITH THAT!
All it takes is a little trust, and honesty and openness.
I will be doing with you, anything and everything I suggest in this blog.
Because, as you'll see...this really is NOT about a diet.
It is about you.
It is about me.
It is about us as women.
And once we start this, once we really "get" what this is all about,
We will want to continue it for the rest of our lives,
Pass it on to our friends
Our daughters
Our sisters and mothers.
Our weight will be a minor factor in our lives.
Because we'll be living again, as the women we've wanted to be
And there's no going back to who were once were!

Are you READY?

1 comment:

  1. Hey!
    Just now catching up with you.
    This is great! And at the risk of sounding like a total cornball, you inspire me--really!
    So what do you write in the journal? Do you journal your thoughts for that moment? The ups/downs of your journey?

    ReplyDelete