Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Twelve Tune Tuesday: Giving Thanks for These

This week's DP41 Playlist is a collection of folks I've seen in concert in the past year or so. These are folks I've paid to see, and would pay to see again and again. They make me move, cry, feel and remember. Not all are Boogie Bands---but they have moved me in one way or another! Make YOUR list from the ones you like, and know that THESE songs are playing in MY ears for the next week. I'm giving thanks for THEM and for YOU and for all the wonderful things I've been through and a part of This Year!

Happy Thanksgiving 2010!

Giving Thanks With:

1. Different Kind of Fine - Zac Brown Band

2. Shake Shake Mamma - Bob Dylan

3. Jack and Diane - John Mellencamp

4. No Bad News - Patty Griffin (OK, I didn't see her, but I am thankful for her nonetheless)

5. No Where to Go - Joshua Radin

6. Undisclosed Desires - Muse

7. Walk On - U2

8. The Charging Sky - Jenny Lewis & The Watson Twins (saw The Watson Twins)

9. Short Skirt/Long Jacket - Cake (didn't see them either, but they KILL me...and you may eat some CAKE over Thanksgiving, so there's a loose connection)

10. Come Together - The Beatles (I saw Crystal Bowersocks do this one, NOT the Beatles...duh!)

11. Hallelujah, I Love Her So - Ray Charles (Saw him AGES ago--ADORE him!)

12. Lie in Our Graves - Dave Matthews Band (This is a Thanksgiving Theme song for ME!)

45 minutes of Folks for Whom I'm Thankful!

Quite a variety of sounds and themes in that list! Take a minute to make YOUR OWN playlist of groups/artists you are thankful for THIS year (or always)!

No comments:

Post a Comment