Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wednesday Review

Ok, so here's what I've decided to do on Wednesdays, just so there will be a mid-week posting on the blog to keep you going (and coming back for more). I am going to combine and re-post all of my food, eating, weight-loss TWEETS from the previous week. By doing this, you'll get a break from the "Deep Thoughts with Becky" posts and get to the more practical, "How I Did it Day-by-Day, Tips from Becky." Cool?

Here they are (please think about signing up with Twitter and following me, though. You can sign up and make it so that my tweets come directly to your phone as texts. I Tweet three times a day, around breakfast, lunch and dinner time (EST). May even start adding a 4th Tweet around night-time snacking time):

*Mom was right! EAT YOUR OATMEAL! Still stick-to-your-ribs good for you & leaves you full for hours! Top with blueberries for MORE brain kick

*Eat something you LOVE for dinner tonight & stop there! NO Late Night SNACKING! I mean, DO U REALLY NEED A FULL BELLY TO SLEEP OR WATCH TV?

*3 things I read on food labels: Fat grams (go low!), fiber grams (go high!) & portion size. I feed myself 1/2 portions, 90% of the time. BYB

*It's not about your relationship with food. It's about your relationship with your SELF.

*Just ate a snack. FEEDING my hunger w/ the RIGHT portion. If I go back for more, it means I'm EATING instead of FEEDING Myself!

*Will be posting new blogs on MON and FRI from now on! Look for a new post for the week, later today! Feed yourself well, 'til then!

*Feeding myself w/ a stack of magazines, Cherry Coke Zero & The Weepies, on my front porch. Have fed myself well all weekend & feel great!

*Ate a little of my fav chicken salad as part of my b'fast. I START my day with what makes me happiest. It FEEDS me all day, that way! BYB!

*When life gives you lemons, apply more lipstick!

*Mike & kids are at a football game. I am home, w/ a glass of red & a couple dozen lit candles. This is how I am feeding myself tonight

*Don't know what's for dinner, but we're having a Family Dance Party after, to a little Elvis. My Exercise for the day


Are you reading this stuff? Is it making you think? Are you trying anything from these posts? I'd love it, if on WEDNESDAYS, YOU would take a moment to post a note or comment to tell ME (and others who are reading), WHAT YOU are doing, what is working, and what questions or thoughts have been driving you for the week. What do you say, would you do that for me?

That's all,
Be Your Best (BYB),
Becky

4 comments:

  1. Yes, this has really gotten me thinking about thinking about me more! When I do something for myself I think "I'm feeding my..." Yesterday, I stopped off at the music store and bought some cds for ME. (Kids helped pick them out!) Then we went home, put on the tunes and I prepared some healthy meals and snacks for the next couple of days while listening and feeding my soul! Now when the hunger hits, I can make better choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some things I have changed this week: I have chewed more gum , I have applied more lip gloss, I have FED myeself responsibly for the most part with food - as well as with things that FEED my soul - like snuggling with my kids, listenting to music and paper crafting. Gina is right - when we feel hungry - it does not always have to be fed with food. And BTW...Lip gloss and gum help a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...Ate my lunch yesterday, and then decided I WANTED chips. I'd already actually enjoyed my lunch, but figured "I deserved them and could eat them if I wanted them." (At work) So I just figured I'd get the 85 cents out of my purse, and half jokingly ( as I was thinking feed/eat feed/eat) "Ok - God, if it's a bad idea, then there won't be 85 cents in my wallet." Grabbed my three quarters and two nickels and headed that way. And then realized I had TWO quarters and three nickels. There was NOT another quarter in my purse. There were two dimes, though. Yeah, 80 cents. and two pennies. Not even five to try and trade for a nickel with someone. And ANYONE would've GIVEN me a stinkin nickel. But, it made me sit back, and think - you're NOT hungry, eat them sometime when you actually are.

    And I felt GREAT about myself the rest of the afternoon because of it.

    Thanks for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Becky, I was referred to your blog from a friend after she read my blog. I am in the process of losing 140lbs. I am very encouraged by your blog because it is not about food, calories, diet plans, but about what is realy important, my relationship with myself which has very much complicated my relationship with food. I am very much enjoy your tips and suggestions. I am starting my journal today. Thank you for posting. If you would like to follow my blog it is http://breakingthefattycode.blogspot.com/ It isn't fluffy or pretty. I post my goals for the week, and weight on Monday and then post my thoughts and feelings throughout the week. I am going to keep checking your blog and tips on twitter. Thank you and congratulations on the change you have made in your life.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete